How to access online events
Each of this year’s online events will be available on its own watch page on the Chelsea History Festival website.
Registering for an online event
- 1. Find the event you want to attend, click the booking link, then add the event to your basket.
- 2. Once you have purchased your ticket, you will be sent a confirmation email.
- 3. You will be sent a further email 48-72 hours prior to the advertised event time containing a link to the watch page and a password to gain access.
- 4. Click the link in the email to go to the watch page.
- 5. Enter your password when prompted.
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not receive the email containing your link and password, please check your Junk/Spam folder.
Joining an online event
Once you have accessed the watch page, you can safely navigate away from it at any time. When you want to return to the page, simply click the link in the email.
The event will start automatically on the watch page at the advertised time.
Technical hints and tips
- 1. Our online events should work on any modern web browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge)
- 2. For the best experience, we recommend making sure your browser is up to date.
- 3. Using headphones can help eliminate echo and feedback.
- 4. If the video or audio is lagging, or if your screen freezes, try refreshing the page. You can do this by pressing the F5 key (or, if you’re on a Mac, by holding down the Cmd and R keys at the same time).
- 5. If you’re still having trouble, try closing any other tabs or background services/tasks you have running, or ask other users in your home to stop using the internet while you watch the event.
Participating in multiple online events
Online events will each have their own watch page. Access to these events must be booked individually.
Interacting in the event
The live chat box on the watch page lets you communicate directly with the host and other attendees before and during an event. This is a great place to say hello and introduce yourself before the event goes live. You can also submit questions, which we will try to answer towards the end of the event.
Missed an online event?
Don’t worry! You will be able to catch up on any online events. A recording will be available on the watch page immediately after the live event ends and will remain there until Wednesday, 6 October 2021.
A dedicated page featuring all of our Catch Up events will be published after the festival begins.