VIRTUAL EVENTS FAQs
HOW TO WATCH THE PROGRAMME
The full programme will be available to watch via Crowdcast, which is the platform we are using for all of our live events during the Chelsea History Festival. The Crowdcast platform will enable you to watch, chat, send questions and participate in polls. You will need to register on Crowdcast in order to watch the programme.
REGISTERING FOR A VIRTUAL ONLY EVENT
- Find the event you want to attend on our website, then add the event to your basket.
- Once you have purchased your ticket you will be sent an email confirmation with the link to the Crowdcast event.
- Click the register link to go to Crowdcast to register
- Click the ‘Save my spot’ button to register
- You will be prompted to enter your email address or social media login
- An email will be sent to confirm your registration, along with the option to add the event to your calendar
JOINING A VIRTUAL ONLY EVENT
Once you have registered you will have instant access to the event page, including the polls, chat, and Q&A – even before the event goes live.
You can if you wish to, navigate away from this page and if you want to return to the event page at any time you can simply click the link in your CHF confirmation email or reminder email from Crowdcast. The event will start automatically at the time advertised.
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not receive a registration email, please check your Junk/Spam folder, or there could be a mistake in your email address.
You will receive a 10-minute reminder email from Crowdcast for the event you have registered. Please be aware that during peak times this email can be delayed. Please do not wait for your reminder before heading to the event page.
You can also look at the events you have joined by going to https://www.crowdcast.io/joined-events
- Join from a compatible browser. We recommend using Google Chrome browser if possible, for the best experience.
- Make sure your browser is up to date.
- If the video or audio is lagging, click Get audio/video help in the bottom left hand corner of the screen and enable Compatibility mode.
- Use headphones where possible. This will help eliminate echo and feedback.
- If you’re still having trouble perhaps ask other users in your home to stop using the internet while you watch the stream.
- If your screen freezes during the event, please try refreshing your page.
Android: Crowdcast is supported on the latest Android devices right in the browser, no download required.
Apple iOS Devices (iPhone & iPad): Download the iOS app to attend Crowdcast events. Events can also be viewed directly in mobile browsers on iOS, with some limitations.
PARTICIPATING IN MULTIPLE EVENTS ON CROWDCAST
With Crowdcast, once you’ve registered for one event, you can use that same login for any new events you register for in the future! In your dashboard, you can access all of the events you’ve joined, past and future.
INTERACTING IN THE EVENT
Polls are located in a tab just below the video feed. Your host may add a poll prior to the event or during a live session, so be sure to check this area periodically.
Questions & Answers are also in a tab just below the video feed. This is where you can submit any questions or leave a comment on a question. You can also upvote questions that others have submitted.
Chat is located on the righthand side of the video feed. This is a great place to say hello and introduce yourself before the event goes live. Chat lets you directly communicate with the host and other attendees before, during, and after an event.
MISSED THE EVENT?
Don’t worry! You will still be able to catch up on the event if you missed it for up to 14 days after the event has aired. The recording will be available on the event page just a few minutes after the live stream ends.
Just click the same event URL you used to register, or log into your account and go to My Events.